NM CAFe's Community Issue Campaigns:
Land of Opportunity Campaign: /land-of-opportunity.html
- CAFe's goal is to bridge the gap between communities and policymakers by empowering individuals to engage in their communities.
- Our goal is to develop our faith community and spiritual leaders as prophetic voices towards healing the nation and rebuilding a Land of Opportunity for all.
- CAFe will register to vote 1,500 new and unlikely voters during this election year.
- CAFe's goal is to reduce and prevent foreclosures in New Mexico and to advocate for quality, safe, and affordable housing in Dona Ana County.
- CAFe will continue to advocate for homeowners at the local, state, and federal levels for principal reduction, bank accountability, and to increase services for homeowners facing foreclosure.
- CAFe's goal is to protect and preserve our native lands including our majestic Organ Mountains to boost our local economy, promote responsible economic development, and most importantly, for future generations to enjoy.
- CAFe will work to enroll 4,000 eligible children in Southern New Mexico in Medicaid.
- We are also organizing in the mental health community to fill gaps in care that exist between current services, primarily for the mentally ill and homeless.
- CAFe seeks to establish a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) adopted by the Sheriff's Department.
- Surrounding counties have already adopted SOPs that support a strict traffic stop operation that does not include profiling the occupants of the vehicle for citizenship status.
- CAFe is coordinating DREAM centers in Las Cruces and the South Valley where eligible DREAMERS can apply for deferred action.